Ways To Give Now
All Giving Vehicles Accepted
In supporting the Tyler Catholic School Foundation, you are giving a gift that lives forever. For everyone who cares deeply about the value of Catholic education, there may be no greater gift.
The Foundation encourages and accepts gifts of cash, securities or other assets at any time. In addition to current gifts, the Foundation has established opportunities for support through the Legacy Society (Link), a planned giving society for those interested in making an estate gift.
Create a Scholarship Fund or Endowment
You may create a permanent Scholarship Fund or Endowment at the Tyler Catholic School Foundation using a variety of assets, including cash, appreciated securities, real estate or other tangible assets.
- A scholarship fund or endowment is a permanent fund that supports the school(s) in a way specified by the donor. The principal of the gift, which can be given either with a one-time gift or gifts made over a period of years – is invested and grows over time. These funds then provide a consistent stream of income each year.
- Endowed funds are named by the donor and established with a signed agreement between the donor and the Foundation
- Should no signed agreement or statement of purpose be provided, the gift will be presumed to be unrestricted.
- The minimum financial commitment needed to establish a scholarship fund or endowment at the Tyler Catholic School Foundation is $25,000. However, this requirement may be met over a period of time.
- Once an endowment reaches its initial goal, additional funds can be added by any donor at any time and will become a part of the permanent endowment
- An endowment can be funded using a variety of assets – cash, appreciated securities, real estate or other tangible assets that can be liquidated
- In addition, planned gifts can be used to establish an endowment.
You may create your scholarship fund or endowment with gifts of:
*Cash, cash equivalents or check
To make a gift by check, make your check payable to the Tyler Catholic School Foundation and mail it to the Foundation at P.O. Box 131175, Tyler, TX 75713.
Publicly traded stocks and bonds may be electronically transferred, re-registered in the name of the Foundation or conveyed through use of a stock power form. The Foundation will also accept interests in mutual funds. Generally, these securities are sold upon receipt.
To make a gift of securities, contact the Foundation office at 903-526-5988 for delivery or wiring instructions.
Contact the Foundation office at 903-526-5988 to discuss policies and procedures for gifts of real property or tangible personal assets
Other ways to give now:
Memorials & Honorariums
You can celebrate a significant occasion, remember a loved one, commemorate a milestone or recognize someone special with an honorary or memorial gift in their name to the Tyler Catholic School Foundation. Your donation will honor your friends or loved ones and help sustain our schools. We will gratefully acknowledge your thoughtful donation by notifying the person or family member you designate with a personal letter of acknowledgment (no gift amount is disclosed).
Matching Gift Programs
Maximize your gift to the Catholic Schools Foundation by checking to see if the company you work for has a Matching Gift Program. Your company may be one of thousands that match employee contributions to non-profit organizations like the Tyler Catholic School Foundation You can simply contact your employer’s human resources office and ask whether your company matches employee donations to organizations like the Tyler Catholic School Foundation which is recognized by the IRS as a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, independent of the schools, the parish or the Diocese.